Stay tuned for 2017 conference information. Sign up for email updates.
Order your Grogtags for Homebrew Con by May 25 to pick them up onsite in Baltimore.
We have once again teamed up with GrogTags to provide keg labeling tags for conference attendees, sponsors, breweries and speakers at Homebrew Con 2016.
If you are bringing beer for Homebrew Con, you need to ensure your beer is well labeled so the Cellar Crew can cellar the beer and deliver it to the proper location.
Below is information for the different areas of the conference where beer is served and information on how you should label your beers. Each keg or case sent to the conference must have its own label.
Please allow two weeks for printing and mailing between the time you fill out the online system and receive your tags.
- If you fill out the system by Friday, May 13, your estimated deliver date will be by Friday, May 29.
- After May 13, all tags will be picked up onsite at the Baltimore Convention Center at the cellar docks. Order by Wednesday, May 25 to pick up your tags onsite.
If for some reason you have not filled out the system by May 25, you will need to get blank tags onsite at the Baltimore Convention Center. See here for directions to the loading docks.
REGISTERING YOUR BEERS
- Go to the Grogtags Homebrew Con website to place your order.
- Labeling tags are available for the following events:
- Club Night
- Homebrew Expo
- Brews Up Social Club
- Welcome Reception
- *Note: If you are sending multiple kegs or cases of the same beer, you will be able to enter a quantity during the shipping screen. You don’t need to fill out the form multiple times for the same beer.
- Continue to add a tag for EVERY DIFFERENT BEER being sent for the conference and EVERY EVENT for which you are sending beer.
- *If you are sending a beer to be served at BOTH Social Club and Club Night, the keg or cases need to have BOTH tags on it. Go through the process of registering each beer for both events and the attach both labels to beer.
- Choose the checkout option when you have filled out a tag for every beer. On this screen you will be able to update the quantities for each tag as well as enter the address where the tags will be shipped to. Then click review order.
- Review all information and then click the “Complete This Order” button.
- Your tags are now ordered and will be shipped according to the above schedule.
WHERE TO APPLY THE KEG TAGS
For those that received the GrogTags for your kegs, please wrap the label around the handle of your keg. Do not stick them on the side of your keg. If placing them on case boxes, please put them on one side of each case.
RETURNING BEER TO THE CELLAR
Once beer leaves the cellar, it becomes the responsibility of the owner and cannot be stored back in the cellar. Beer may only return to the cellar for one of two reasons.
1. The beer was used for Thursday or Friday Social Club and is needed for the Club Night as well. 2. The beer was used at Club Night and is needed for a Saturday Social Club shift.
Brewers should pick up all remaining beer or kegs by 12:00 am on Sunday, June 12.