Please commit to these sustainability best practices.
Download a PDF of the information below.
We strive to send as little material as possible to the landfill.
What you can do:
- reduce waste
- Use the facility recycling receptacles during move in/out and run of the show.
- Use only products that are recyclable at the Oregon Convention Center.
- Minimize packaging.
- Bring only what is anticipated for attendees.
- Provide information on a reusable drive or through a QR code.
Smart Exhibit Display Design:
- Create signs and banners that are reusable or can be recycled.
- Print handouts on a post-consumer recycled content paper using soy or vegetable based inks.
- Use energy efficient lighting for displays.
- Turn off booth lighting, monitors, and equipment overnight.
- Use local vendors when possible to reduce transportation impact.
- Use local public transportation, walk or bike when possible. Visit: trimet.org.
The following items are PROHIBITED and may not be brought into the OCC:
- foam-core signage
- any signage that cannot be recycled or reused
- helium balloons
- plastic bags used for purchases and plastic conference bags provided to collect show items
- any hazardous substance or item including a hazardous substance
The following itmes are allowed into the OCC but must be removed at the end of the event:
- vinyl banners
- carpet, carpet scraps and carpet padding • plaques or trophies
The following items are recylable and must be placed into the proper receptacles:
The OCC provides clearly marked recycling containers that include separate streams for recyclable, compostable and landfill materials.
- cardboard boxes and signs
- construction debris
- glass containers
- plastic film and shrink wrap
- plastic containers, pots and buckets
- metal containers
- scrap metal
- vinyl tablecloths
- plants, trees and yard debris (pre-approval required)
Brewers Association Sustainability and Event Committees