2022 Beer Services Information
Whether you’ve attended 10 times or this is your first Homebrew Con, you need to know how to get your beer to the event and what to bring to help you serve it. These resources will help you prepare for the best homebrew event of the year!
Questions? Please contact Cellar Manager Mike Aronson: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’ve once again teamed up with GrogTags to provide keg labeling tags for conference attendees, sponsors, breweries and speakers at Homebrew Con. All beer coming to the conference should have a tag on it indicating what event it is for.
Social Club Template
- All clubs pouring in Social Club should download and provide beer signage for any beer you’re serving to attendees.
- 5″ x 7″ stands are provided for the Social Club bars.
Please download and print a signage card for each beer you bring.
Club Night Template
Though beer signage stands are not provided for Club Night, feel free to use these AHA branded signs to promote your club beers.
- Please make sure to drop your beer, then go and find parking. You will not be able to remain parked on the loading dock for any reason.
- If you ordered a Grogtag for your beer, the AHA beer cellar crew will have your tag on-site when you check your beer into the cellar.
- Be sure to complete and attach a Grogtag to ANY beer being delivered to our cellar.
- Go to the Labeling Beer page for more information about Grogtags. Deadline to order is June 7.
- The Homebrew Con cellar team will be on-site to assist with any questions.
- The cellar cannot accept any CO2 or draft equipment for storage.
- All beer delivered to the cellar will be kept cold in refrigerated trailers until it is delivered to it’s serving location.
- No kegs may be returned to the cellar unless they are to be served at another event later in the week.
Directions to the Cellar
Ramp to David L. Lawrence Convention Center Loading Dock
1000 Fort Duquesne Blvd
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
Entrance to the Cellar Loading Docks is at the corner of Tenth Street Bypass and Fort Duquesne Blvd.
Cellar/Loading Dock Hours
- Monday, June 20 | Noon – 4:00 pm
- Tuesday, June 21 | 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Wednesday, June 22 | 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Thursday, June 23 | 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Friday, June 24 | 8:00am – Noon, after noon Club Night Load-In/Out only
Professionally-Brewed Beer Delivery
Commercial beer from licensed breweries may be delivered directly to the Convention Center by breweries or their distributors during these same hours. Please make sure to drop your beer, then go and find parking. You will not be able to remain parked on the loading dock for any reason.
If you are a professional brewer or sponsor shipping beer to the Conference please use this same address for delivery. Beer must arrive between Monday, June 20 and Wednesday, June 22.
Kickoff Party Information for Professional Breweries
General Event Information
- Date: Thursday, June 23
- Time: 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM
- Location: David L. Lawrence Convention Center
- Breweries are invited to bring up to 5 brands for the event, with a minimum of 3 brands.
- We recommend one ½ barrel keg or 7 cases per brand.
- Beer for the event may be delivered directly to the host venue.
- All beer for the event is a donation and not purchased by the Brewers Association.
- Each participating brewery will receive 3 complimentary full conference badges for pouring beer at the Kickoff Party.
- Each participating brewery will receive a 10′ x 10′ booth space that includes a table for serving your beers.
- Ice is provided.
- Bus tubs are available for your use if you are serving bottles or cans. Please bring your own keg tub.
- Breweries are encouraged to bring signage/banners to decorate their table. There is no pipe/drape to hang an overhead banner.
- Pop-up tents are allowed.
- If serving kegs – you must provide your own equipment including, jockey box, regulator and gas. You can bring this with you to the event with your beers.
- Breweries can start setting up their booth at 3:00 pm and should be set and ready to pour by 5:00 pm. *Please note that the Welcome Toast and Keynote start at 4:00pm and you will not start pouring until 5pm.